Who makes the best maternity pillow for relaxing and sleeping? My girlfriends rave about maternity pillows. I’m so tired of tossing and turning all night trying to find a more comfortable position while cradling my growing belly. Yes, I know sleep is a common problem for many but for expectant Mom’s sleepless nights can be your worst nightmare.
Whether you are that supportive husband looking for a way to help your barefoot and pregnant wife ease the discomforts of pregnancy. Or you’re the anxious mom-to-be that desperately needs support to cushion your ever-changing body during pregnancy, we are here to help you.
If you want the best maternity pillow for your body, you’re in luck! We’ve done the research and found 12 maternity pillows for your consideration.
Below is an in-depth review of the top 12 pregnancy or maternity pillows. For each pillow we cover the key features, design details plus the PROS and CONS. Picking the best maternity pillow just got easier!
Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow, “The top pick full body pillow for contoured support and the most comfortable sleep”.
- Ergonomic Design in a unique “U” shape for maximum support when lying down in different positions.
- Addresses common 3rd trimester back problems to give comfortable sleep.
- Convertibility is the key as it can transition from the usual maternity pillow support for sleep into a cushion to give exclusive body support in other daily activities like reading in bed or enjoying a movie.
- Uniquely designed to support head and back thus prevent and decrease pain from back strain, sciatica, and heartburn.
Contoured Shape and Varied Size
- May choose between King Size for taller women and standard for medium to petite expectant mothers.
- No need to rearrange as it stays in shape all through the night of sleep.
- Give both total body support in multiple activities.
- Follow the natural contour of the pregnant woman.
- 2-in-1 comfort and relief from back pain
- A 55-inch pillow to give head to toe comfort for medium tall pregnant women.
- Adjustable 100% polyester filling for the firm or soft support on a curved interior to support specific areas of the body.
- Comes in different colors and outer cover material like jersey, polyester, cotton or a mix.
- Hypoallergenic fabric casing with antibacterial property and machine wash friendly.
- The Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow is an affordable full body pillow and convenient. You can use it throughout your pregnancy and even after birth for breastfeeding and propping the baby on the soft headrest.
- Multipurpose maternity pillow even after birth so saves you much on the additional purchase of similar items.
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee through refund or exchange policies.
- Inconvenient for storage and bulky for travel or a carry along with pregnancy must-haves.
- The filling is polyester but may lose fluffiness after prolong use.
- Tricky to muscle in the filling after taking out the cover for washing.
- The length may be a bit short for tall women on the standard size.
- This is a full-size body pillow that is fairly large for a queen or smaller bed, assuming you do not want to kick out your sleeping partner.
- For heights 5’6” and up, the King size is more suitable.
- The zippered pillowcase may be challenging to put back on after washing and must only be air-dried.
The Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow is labeled as the “Best Full Pillow” among others owing to its capability of giving ample support to the back, neck, and head. Its contoured support is matched with elegance and comfort in a soft gray velvet cover that is dust mite resistant.
Specially designed high density and super soft full body pillow with innovative Bionic Polyethylene filling that gives cushion for sleeping on the side while retaining fluffiness. It measures 31” in width and 55” long for the total head to toe support to guarantee unmatched comfort and durability.
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Best maternity pillow review: Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge, “the only wedge pillow with a dual option for a firm or soft support”.
- An elegant blue wedge-shaped pregnancy pillow with memory foam for belly, knees or back support.
- Double solution for several pregnancy problems with soft or firm support.
- Versatile cushion for either belly, back or knee support.
- Extra soft and comfortable cover with a plush Velboa casing.
- Cool and breathable pillow with an airflow ventilation technology.
- The Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge has a travel-friendly carry-on bag for traveling.
- Efficient belly support to relieve stress that may lead to unwanted swelling.
- Redistributes weight from the belly and decrease nerve pain and muscle cramps.
- More convenient than over-sized body pillows that take up space.
- Continuous cool comfort for long night sleep or short afternoon naps.
- Decreases and avoids common swelling on hands, as well as legs and feet.
- Relieves the lower back tension and decrease pressure-related stress.
- A pillow more suited only on pregnancy but may give limited purpose after birth.
- Long periods of firm support may not also be ideal for belly support.
- Thickness of the pillow is not adjustable when compared to polyester filling.
- The fixed shape and size may not cradle baby bumps of more heavily pregnant moms.
- In warmer conditions, the pillow may give off extra heat when tucked between the knees.
The Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is a lightweight maternity pillow. It has a combined feature of comfort and durability including the Maternity Memory Foam Pillow. It measures 15” in width, 13.25” in length and 4.5” in height manufactured with a perforated CertiPur-US deluxe memory foam adjustable for either firm or soft support.
Such a good handy pillow for traveling or for taking short trips to the clinic for a routine check. Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is your “Budget Friendly” and “Travel Easy” solution to your pregnancy woes.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, “Best Convertible Full body pillow that gives multiple ways of cushion and support”.
Guaranteed relief from baby bump discomfort that ensures the mother a goodnight’s sleep.
Versatile design to be a C-shaped half body pillow or U-shaped full maternity support.
The cover is 100% cotton easily removed through a zipper for hassle-free cleaning.
- 2-in-1 support for either attached extension for main body support and back cushion or none with only the C-shaped tucked between the knees to support both the belly and legs.
- The precise contoured support for the back or belly helps eliminate back pain and occasions of gastric reflux commonly experienced by expecting mothers.
- PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is ideal for nursing as it cradles the baby while supporting the back for a more relaxed breastfeeding moment.
Head To Toe Support
- PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow naturally conforms to the body shape as it contains adjustable polyester fill for either a loosely fluff cushion or compact and firm support.
- A firm support for the back and hips as it aligns the body properly and relieves pressure on the spine.
- Occupies a big space even on a queen-size bed.
- The filling may form lines and loosen up after prolonged use.
- It took a few days to fully pop out when first opened from the plastic package after delivery.
- Rips on the seams may happen so double stitching is highly recommended.
- No option for adjusting filling as the inside cover has no zipper.
A full U-shaped body maternity support enclosed in a machine washable jersey-knit cover that measures 7” in height, 31” wide and with a length of 53” or as a C-shaped pillow to tuck between the knees while supporting the wide stomach.
Pregnant women are known for giving quick-changing preferences and the PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is a versatile choice.
With an amazing lifetime warranty guaranteed by the manufacturer to ensure customer satisfaction, no other maternity pillow can claim the title as a runner-up for the best overall body pillow.
Keiba Donut Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Keiba Donut Pillow, “The Ideal Tailbone Pillow to relieve lower body discomforts during or after pregnancy”
- An efficient aid for the relief of hemorrhoids during and after birth.
- Keiba Donut Pillow gives comfort by relieving pressure on the lower back, pelvic area and specifically on the perineum and coccyx.
- Ergonomic designed donut pillow accomplishes good posture and proper weight distribution for a comfortable position.
- The material is guaranteed to sustain shape with prolonged use and give maximum relief from pelvic pressure, lower back and perineum pain.
- Ideal tailbone cushion for relief even in postnatal discomfort, prostate cases or bed sores.
- Keiba Donut Pillow can be used in any kind of seat like the car, on the plane or the wheelchair.
- Comfort and relief on back tension on a breathable velour cover.
- Compact and lightweight for travels.
- Address a variety of lower back problems during pregnancy or after childbirth.
- A good choice for pelvic and hip pain or numbness form prolong seating.
- Limited only to lower back discomfort on wakeful activities with prolonged seating.
- Not intended for belly support or propping baby for sleep.
The best solution for lower spine discomfort made with high-quality foam with a non-slip feature. It ensures full comfort as it stays in place and fully formed while sitting, unlike other inflatable choices.
Comes in an elegant black velour cover easily removable and washable to keep it in top shape. Keiba Donut Pillow gives that same soft velvety feel comfort but fewer worries on stain and dust build-up.
It measures 17.8 x 13.8 x 2.8 inches and weighs only about 15.8 oz. Given almost 5 stars in rating by happy customers, this donut-shaped pillow with anti-slip bottom can discretely relieve and cushion tailbone related discomforts.
Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow, “Designed for pregnant women but comfortable for everyone.”
- Provide expectant mothers a peaceful night of sleep by improving blood circulation, release body pressure, relieve pain and discomfort as well as and reduce swelling on legs.
- Improved circulation even for recuperation from after birth, surgery or relief from sciatica.
- The headrest can stop snoring by upper body elevation to ensure proper breathing.
- Highly appropriate for side sleepers, back and even a bit more on the stomach area.
- Easily shift from side to side when re-positioning during long night sleep.
- Recommended for medical conditions associated with pregnancy through their guaranteed deep sleep and good rest.
- Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow can be styled to serve as support in different activities like watching TV, working on the bed, relaxing with a book or after birth tasks like breastfeeding and baby cradling.
- Different sleep positions like lying on the back or on the stomach to feel relaxed and comfortable can easily be achieved.
- Propped under the legs or support the back while having a portable front table for reading or doing work on a laptop is so convenient.
- Whether as support, discomfort relief or cuddle pillow, it can cater to different needs and address many pregnancy problems.
- Full body support and total relief from back pain, decrease swelling on feet and reduce muscle cramping.
- Bulky and unsuitable for travel whether for vacation or routine visits to the doctor.
- Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is not wide enough to heavily built sleepers.
- Limited option for opening up or freeing the backside when too warm of the weather.
- The cover may gather dust or attract stain or meal residues when propped for eating or watching TV.
- It is a challenge to put back the cover in after washing.
- 2-3 month warranty only is the option laid out by the manufacturer.
Adaptable to body types and sizes. It follows the natural human structure in the U-shaped design long enough for a comfortable stretch. Continuously fluff with the 7D polyester filling enclosed in a velvety cover easily removed and washed through double zippers. Hypoallergenic and scent-free for that safe and long-lasting peaceful night for sleep.
The Meiz U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is a product or exquisite workmanship that is firm but soft enough to follow the contours of your body. Best of all it is machine wash friendly with adjustable polyester filling for the perfect night sleep.
Zootzi Pregnancy Pillow
Best Maternity Pillow review: Zootzi Pregnancy Pillow, “One Pillow to help you sleep through the night.”
- This full U-shaped velvet-covered body pillow provides the overall support.
- Zootzi Pregnancy Pillow is a one of a kind body pillow that gives protection to the cervical spine to guarantee deep sleep.
- A favorite not just by expectant mothers but also in adults with several medical issues because it is versatile in design and purpose.
- It guarantees both relief from discomfort and continuous sleep throughout the night.
- The design fits well the contours of the body thus ensure proper positioning and alignment on the spine and hips.
- Multifunctional for style and purpose having a focus on protecting the Cervical spine.
- With the proper alignment, it relieves common waist and back pain not just for pregnant women but those undergoing therapy as well.
- Zootzi Pregnancy Pillow specifically lessens discomfort or pain because of Fibromyalgia and Sciatica.
- Gives ample support to rest your arms, hold your abdomen to decrease episodes of leg swelling and cramping.
- It is a mix of softcover and high-density polyethylene filling to balance comfort and durability.
- Hypoallergenic materials are used and do not have an intoxicating smell.
- Machine wash friendly inner and outer cover easily removed through a double zipper.
- It is guaranteed to maintain fluffiness as it does not clump or deform after washing, giving that long-lasting complete sleep experience.
- It retains a single style shape when compared to others that easily adjust to body size and preference.
- The cover after washing may be a bit challenging to put back together.
- The material and color may easily be stained so it is not for watching TV and eating at the same time.
- Zootzi Pregnancy Pillow may not be ideal for petite mothers-to-be as it stretches far off with a dimension of 55x 28.6 x 28 inches.
Talking about partner approved products can be a challenging pick. Oftentimes couples would disagree on the importance of having a comfortable pillow.
But some partners despise this oversized body pillow, making them jealous of space and attention. But not this pillow because it is known to be “boyfriend,” Husband approved for both size and purpose.
OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Best maternity pillow review: OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge, “The ultra-soft wedge pillow for baby bump support and more”.
- Finding it uncomfortable to be surrounded during sleep but needing support at the same time can be a puzzle for all.
- Memory foam pillow for beautiful pregnant women that wants reliable support on the belly, knees, back or in between the knees.
- Ample support ensures feet welling reduction common to expectant mothers.
- OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge has optional firm or soft support on either side suitable for a variety of needs to give the utmost level of comfort.
- Innovative OCCObaby breathable foam component of the pillow has minute openings for that cool and comfortable experience.
- Machine-friendly and easy-to-use super soft Velboa Wrap that can withstand long periods of use.
- Easily transition to give firm support on the back or subtle support on your bump.
- OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge is convenient to carry around inside a travel bag or carry around when expecting long waiting periods.
- Whether for a long night’s sleep or an afternoon nap it is small enough to carry around the house.
- The material provides a cool and comfortable experience for challenging pregnancies.
- Versatile dual-purpose design can address a variety of back problems or late trimester discomfort.
- Limited single support for back, knees or belly only due to its size and shape.
- After birth tasks may not be included in its purpose and design.
The dual-purpose wedge pillow that has soft memory foam on the top side and firmer support foam on the bottom. It is made with no harsh chemicals and has a unique design for cool and comfortable sleep.
The pillow has a ventilated foam layer that keeps it durable for long periods of use. The cover is machine washable easily removed though zippers and quite handy for travel when kept inside the free drawstring bag.
The cover is ultra-soft velboa, giving you that velvet smooth touch but less of the dust attracting characteristic important for sensitive skin. No other small pillow can substitute what the OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge can offer.
ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow, “The super long body pillow for that plush relaxed sleep”.
- Impressive length highlights this full body pillow making it best for tall pregnant women.
- The Queen-size C-shaped Full-body Pillow is designed to adjust
- C-shaped full body pillow that can give impressive back support and Cushion for Side sleepers.
- Ideal even after birth as it can give comfort for healing scars and breastfeeding moms.
- The name indeed guarantees a relaxing and quality sleep as it cushions most of the pregnant body that usually brings discomfort.
- The unmatched lumbar support it gives directly eliminates excessive long sleep discomfort
- Thoughtful design for expectant mothers but can be used after birth for nursing and propping the baby.
- Adequate support on the head down to the legs and alleviate pain or discomforts during sleep.
- ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow is convertible into a lounging chair for watching TV, reading or simple cushion for a short nap.
- Great lumbar support to relieve sciatica and prevent repositioning due to gastric reflux.
- Ideal for a reclined front sleeping position or side sleeping supporting the belly and legs.
- A bit too thin for a full huggable pillow.
- Not ideal for petite women as it is longer than most body pillows.
- The cover may be a bit too brittle on long periods of wash and use.
- Random tear on the seams may happen as it has a bit too thin of a fabric.
- A little too flat or short on the stuffing and is not adjustable.
In need of that extra-long support to stretch and relax, ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow got you covered with measurements of 58” in length and 28.5” in width. The inside is 100% polyester guaranteed to be hypoallergenic and easily conforms to any body shape. The cover is a simple and skin-friendly yet machine washable easily removed through side a zipper
ComfySure Pregnancy Pillow gives maximum support on the back, belly, hip knee as well as the neck and head for that comfortable snooze all night long. Rated mostly four stars and above, this simple yet convertible body pillow is a good choice for a good night sleep or getting more comfortable for daytime activities while awaiting delivery.
Insen Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Insen Pregnancy Pillow, “The pillow for the whole family”
- It is not only for pregnant women but is ideal for those having sleep problems.
- Insen Pregnancy Pillow follows body shape and contour to give support mainly in the back, hips, belly, and knees to the legs and ankles.
- The uninterrupted sleep experience keeps your neck, head, shoulders, and hips aligned thereby improving posture while reducing pressure on the spine.
- Recharge nap time is so achievable in either as back support for a reclined position or tucked underneath the legs to elevate and ensure improve circulation.
- After birth, breastfeeding, and recuperation can be a simultaneous experience with the aid of this convertible C-pillow.
- Multiple ways of setting up the pillow can be achieved for relaxing daytime activities like reading, watching TV or working at home.
- One of a kind filling made of silk cotton on long threads intertwined to maintain a smooth and fluffy experience.
- The outer and inner lining case has a zipper cover for cleaning convenience and adjusting the amount of fill for that full or medium fluffiness.
- A 90-day 100% refund or product exchange is provided by the company to seal confidence on their commitment for customer satisfaction.
- One size product may seem too big for petite or slim mothers-to-be.
- The plump huge C-shaped design can take up space on a double to queen size bed.
- The velvet cover may accumulate dust and pose a challenge for cleaning.
- Not your travel buddy when planning a staycation or a short visit to the in-laws.
The Insen Pregnancy Pillow is a full body pillow with 100% Velvet Cover crafted on an ergonomic model design ideal for sleeping during or even after birth. The pillow is high-density cotton feel composition that provides the undeniable comfort and side support for most body shapes and sizes.
Designed to meet the needs of pregnant women yet crafted with care for giving continuous support, no other pillow provides satisfaction and money’s worth simultaneously that the Insen Pregnancy Pillow.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow, “A pillow or a water raft rolled into one for rest or play by pregnant women to enjoy”
- The only inflatable mattress/pillow for pregnant women that balance comfort and support.
- It relieves back pain and tension through their patented lower leg decline position.
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow helps reverse low blood flow to the lower body that commonly arises in the late trimester resulting in muscle cramps.
- The patented design guarantees relief from back and shoulder pain as it allows gravity on the reverse the stress on the spine common in pregnancy.
- Optimal birthing position is achievable with the purposeful design aiming to reduce painful labour and possible C-sections.
- A solution for stomach sleepers and a way for giving the back a rest from pressure and strain on daily activities.
- A good platform for prenatal massages as you conveniently lay and relax on your bump.
- Conducive for pregnancy exercises to keep fit, gain energy or develop agility for childbirth.
- Join in a family pool party or experience a tan on your back when you want to be camera- ready on your big day.
- Adjustable baby bump hole from 2nd to 3rd trimester.
- It is leveled lower on the legs to reduce pressure on the spine and give it full rest.
- Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is great for taking short naps on the living room or even join in the family at the pool.
- Six foot in length to cater to tall or petite pregnant moms eager to relieve common back discomfort.
Set-up and Composition
- An Electric pump is needed for inflating the whole product.
- No extra space on the chest area and may present discomfort for well-endowed women.
- The product is made of plastic and since most pregnant women are sensitive in the smell it may be a little irritating to the nose.
- Additional top pillow is needed to rest arms and head-on.
- Limited purpose after pregnancy
- It can address pregnant women who sleep on their stomach but restricts sleeping on the side which is the most recommended for those on their 2nd – 3rd trimester.
May not be useful anymore after childbirth like for breastfeeding or recuperation.
An attractive pregnancy must-haves that is designed by real-life mom and dad. This 2019 new design incorporated comments and suggestions from the previous customers. An undeniable gesture of commitment to continuous customer satisfaction.
The new Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow design has a face cradle, chest section, hip raiser in addition to the old design of the adjustable belly chamber that fits all sizes. The patented leg decline is partnered with a soft flocking material to add comfort and security.
It has an easy inflate and deflate valve that is convenient to set up when compared to the older model. The free belly swaddles made of breathable fabric gives additional back or belly support in whichever position is preferred. The total weight is 4.88 pounds with dimensions of 14 x 0.7 x 5.3 inches that come in pink or blue.
Crystaller Pregnancy Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Crystaller Pregnancy Pillow, “The DREAM PREGNANCY PILLOW solution to all the pregnancy aches and discomfort”
- The right density and plumpness effectively support the head down to the toes.
- Crystaller Pregnancy Pillow reduces swelling common in the latter part of pregnancy by distributing the weight of the body through proper spine alignment.
- Pregnant women having aches or discomforts, athletes in therapy or people suffering from chronic back problems can have better sleep.
- It gives ample support on the neck, waist down and even arms, thus protecting the abdomen while dragging the weight of the legs.
Multiple Positions But Continuous Support
- On a variety of positions and activities, it conveniently transitions from firm support or soft cushion on areas concerned.
- Flexible to be belly support when reading, relaxing, watching TV or adjusted to contour the beautiful shape changes of the pregnant body when sleeping in a preferred position.
- Different people from the post-operative conditions or athletes needing support and to the regular insomniacs, a night of better sleep is now possible.
Consistent Performance Through Durability
- Prolong use may still present plump support and perfectly curved pillow to follow the unique shape of the body.
- Crystaller Pregnancy Pillow is long enough for a comfortable stretch and considerably plump for a comfortable yet firm cushion as a big way to relieve aches and discomforts.
- The soft comfort and firm density easily adjust to the weight taken in from the body so it is comfortable in any repositioning done all through the night.
- Filling is a little low quality to sustain a long period of use.
- Not ideal for firm support as the filling maybe a little thin or short in volume.
- A bit unsuitable for taller women, smaller than the usual full-body pillows.
- Some got the pink cover while the others were not able to get it.
- Need rearrangement when flipping from side to side.
A full U-shaped pink maternity pillow made with polyester or cotton filling and cover that measures up to 130 x 70 x 20 cm. The cushion cover is removable and machine-friendly with an anti-static, cooling and anti-snoring features.
This U-shaped full body pillow guarantees a long stay at dreamland for pregnant women while waking up refreshed after a comfortable rest and sleep. A one-of-aa kind pregnancy pillow, Crystaller Pregnancy Pillow can be your partner during pregnancy to ease third-trimester discomforts and enjoy after birth breastfeeding sessions all by using the same product.
Mommywedge Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
Best maternity pillow review: Mommywedge Pregnancy Wedge Pillow, “A thoughtful gift for moms-to-be to help support the belly”
Relieve stress from common problem areas during pregnancy.
Mommywedge Pregnancy Wedge Pillow gives ample cushion to the belly to reduce swelling on the hands and legs.
Takes off the pressure on your hips by giving utmost belly support.
Improve circulation can be experienced for pregnant women in their third trimester.
Multi-function design as back support to reduce pain and in between knees to avoid cramps.
Belly Bump Support
A good support to prevent from rolling into the baby bump during a long night of sleep.
Combined firmness and softness to cushion the belly appropriately preventing pregnancy-related discomfort and muscle soreness as well as swelling on hands and feet.
Compact And Handy
Mommywedge Pregnancy Wedge Pillow is compact yet fairly big enough to give adequate belly support for sleeping.
Handy to be taken with work especially for career moms-to-be as back support in long periods of sitting.
Reliable back support in driving for ever hustling moms that drive older kids to school.
100% customer satisfaction guarantee on a lifetime warranty.
The focus is on the lower back, belly, and knees only.
It cannot give full back support that may arise when sleeping in one position for a long time.
No option on firm support for propping legs up on a casual time of relaxation.
Accessories And Total Packaging
The packaged drawstring bag may be of only a one time use as it is a bit challenging to put back after getting it out the first time.
Zipper and the brand tag may sometimes get in the way when tucked between the knees.
EKLO Mommywedge Pregnancy Wedge Pillow is designed with a high-quality memory foam enclosed with an extra soft smooth velvet pillowcase, easily washed and removed through a zipper. It measures 14 x 9.5 x 4.1 inches and weighs 2.15lbs that is crafted in an open foam style that ensures good ventilation to give that cool feeling throughout the night or day.
Included as top 10 picks for most mothers and rated with 4.7 stars by raving customers, this handy and reliable pregnancy pillow is a must-have.
Helps with Breathing and Minimizes Heartburn!
A relaxed sleeping position for pregnant Mom’s can help your breathing, minimize heartburn, leg swelling and other medical conditions during pregnancy.
Enough cushion and support between the knees helps with proper body alignment and overall comfort providing better relaxation and sleep.
Sleeping Position Tips for Pregnant Women In 2nd and 3rd Trimester
- Avoid laying all the way flat on the back as it may increase chances of heartburn or difficulty in breathing.
- When choosing to sleep in a reclined position, ensure good neck and side pillow support.
- Curl knees and tuck in a wedge pillow to open the spinal canal and relieve backpressure.
- When possible, lay on the left side to maximize blood flow.
- Thigh, knees and ankle support helps decrease muscle cramps as the circulation is better and not restricted.
Your wife tosses and turns then changes position a gazillion times while arranging her pillow. Then she awakes you in the middle of the night for a leg massage because of cramps or a back rub to help ease her back pain. Does any of this sound familiar?
Investing in the best maternity pillow may seem a little absurd at first but trust me, a good nights rest is hard to come by when you’re pregnant. Your wife will be pleasantly surprised with how much a pregnancy pillow can help.
Surprise her with the best maternity pillow you can afford. Make sure that it fits her body size. She needs lots of quality sleep before the baby arrives and so do you!
Best Maternity Pillow, Our Verdict!
A wedge belly pillow may help decrease pressure on the muscles and support both the belly and knees effectively. But if other areas like the neck and back usually cause you pain and discomfort during a night’s sleep, you really should consider a full body pillow. Remember pregnancy pillows are quite large. Make sure you verify the overall pillow size if you plan to use it in your bed.
Whatever style or shape you choose it is best to pick the one you can use both during pregnancy and after birth for nursing and relaxation. I also like a well-ventilated fabric cover that is easily removed and washable.
These body pillows do not only cater to pregnant women, people in general longing for a comfortable sleep or recuperating from chronic pain or other sleep disorders love these pillows. Body pillows can literally be a lifesaver for some people.
Choose the best maternity pillow that fits your body size, you won’t regret it. Say goodbye to all those multiple pillows scattered on your bed to help you find that perfect position for a comfortable night of rest.
Our #1 pick is the Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow. We love the ergonomic design, high quality materials and the affordable price.
We hope these pregnancy pillow reviews help you select the best maternity pillow for you and your baby.