Whether you have started nesting before the arrive of your baby, or waiting till your little one arrives to buy new baby things, one item you will need is a bedside baby bassinet or co-sleeper. These products have been a lifesaver for many new moms, as they offer amazing convenience and safety for the new mom and baby during the initial few months after birth.
Following are some of the best bedside baby bassinets and co-sleepers you can find on the market in 2022:
Best Bedside Baby Bassinets
Baby Bassinet RONBEI Bedside Sleeper
Product Dimensions: 36.2 x 31.8 x 20 inches
The RONBEI Baby Bassinet or Bedside Sleeper makes to the top of our list because of one reason; this is one of the very few highest rated co-sleepers out there that sits partially on the parents’ bed and partially on the floor. This makes it easy and convenient for mothers to have their baby within easy reach, even in the middle of the night.
- Adjustable height: The height of the bassinet can be adjusted to match the height of your bed, or even sofa during daytime. With 9 height adjustment levels, it can be lifted to a maximum of 25.6 inches or 650mm to make those midnight nursing and soothing times easier.
- Skin-friendly material: This bedside sleeper from RONBEI is made using premium quality, skin-friendly fabric that meets ASTM F2906 safety standards. As a result, it is both safe and comfortable for your little one to sleep in.
- Reflux-friendly: Another excellent feature in this bassinet is that both sides can be set at an elevated angle to help babies with reflux. Resting their head higher than their feet prevents babies from spitting milk, which is quite common in infants.
- Music and sounds: The RONBEI bedside bassinet also comes with a music box that plays soothing music and sounds to lull babies to sleep. In addition, there are also some hanging soft toys that slightly grown babies will find amusing.
- Tilting: While the angle of the bassinet will be helpful for babies with reflux, it could be a hassle otherwise, as babies could end up against the tilting side.
- Hard mattress: The mattress used in the RONBEI co-sleeper is quite hard/firm, which make some babies feel uncomfortable and difficult to sleep.
- Bassinet wall: When one side of the bassinet wall is brought down for co-sleeping, there is still a small wall-like rim that stays up. This could be annoying for some moms, especially in the middle of the night when you are trying to soothe your baby back to sleep.
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bedside
Product Dimensions: 36 x 22 x 32.7 inches
When buying a product, if nothing will satisfy you except 5-star ratings from thousands of customers, the Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper will meet your expectations. After all, it is for your little angel and you shouldn’t want to compromise on any aspect.
- Design: The grey and white combination of the materials used in this bedside sleeper deliver a clean and modern finish.
- Built-in wheels: The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper comes with built-in wheels with brakes, which makes it easy for parents to move the bassinet around the home easily and safely, without any concerns of damaging the floor or carpet.
- Side pockets: This bassinet also has two side pockets, providing you a perfect little place to store your baby’s essentials, like pacifiers, burp cloths, etc.
- Height adjustability: The height of this co-sleeper can be adjusted to reach up to 21 inches (sleeping area to the floor), thereby accommodating parents’ beds between heights 18 and 26 inches.
- Non-mesh padding: The non-mesh padded area on the sides could cause suffocation hazards if babies were to put their face against it.
- Hard mattress: While baby mattresses are supposed to be firm, the one in this bassinet could be a bit too hard for little ones to sleep comfortably.
Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
Product Dimensions: 37 x 22.5 x 31 inches
The Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper is yet another excellent option for parents-to-be to consider when you are looking for a bassinet cum co-sleeper. Available in different colors, this product scores in both aesthetics and functionality.
- Color options: Unlike most other baby bassinets and co-sleepers, the Beside Me Dreamer is offered in different colors, such as pink, grey, and charcoal. This enables parents to choose a color that best suits their home décor, bedroom, or nursery.
- Spacious: The laying area dimensions of this bedside bassinet is 31x 12 inches, which is large enough for babies to comfortable rest and sleep, and can accommodate babies from birth to five months of age.
- Breathable: When compared to many other bedside bassinet models, this one comes with mesh on all four sides, thereby preventing overheating and providing babies with amazing breathability even when they are sound asleep.
- Height adjustments: The bassinet has 6-level height adjustment, which means you can adjust its height to stay close to your master bed. The raising and lowering function is also smooth and easy.
- Not suitable for tall beds: Even with 6 levels of high adjustment, the bassinet may not reach tall beds, like those on a box spring.
- Mattress quality: The quality of the mattress that comes with the co-sleeper may not be the best in quality, especially after a couple of washes.
Dream On Me Skylar Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
Product Dimensions: 35.25 x 22.25 x 30.5 inches
The Skylar Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper from Dream On Me is a compact model that will be perfect for small rooms or apartments. The unit folds to a decent size, making it possible for you to travel with it as well.
- Finishes: The Skylar Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper comes in 6 different stylish finishes; from classic black and grey, to more diverse colors, like mint, purple, pink, and blue, so you can choose one that blends perfectly with your little one’s nursery.
- Materials: The bassinet is made using soft, non-allergenic fabric, just the way any infant gear should be, and the mesh panels offer good breathability.
- Safety: In addition to meeting all ASTM safety standards, the product also comes with a sturdy strap system that can be used to secure the unit to parents’ bed frame easily.
- Sturdy: This bedside sleeper has a sturdy, extendable base, and comes with aluminum frames.
- Padding: The padding/mattress in the Skylar Bassinet is a lot firmer for infants; so, you may have to look for a different bassinet mattress that will fit snug in the bassinet.
Koola Baby 4-in-1 Baby Bassinet
Product Dimensions: 34 x 23 x 33 inches
The 4-in-1 Baby Bassinet from Koola Baby could be the only bassinet you need for home as well as travel, because it performs four different functions, which makes your investment worth it.
- 4-in-1: Of course, the no. 1 reason we love this baby bassinet is its 4-in-1 functionality. It is designed to be used as a bedside sleeper, standalone cradle, portable play area, and also as a take-along travel crib. This makes it perfect for both at-home use and during travel.
- Storage compartment: This is one of the few baby bassinet models that comes with a good size storage compartment right below the sleeping area, making it easy for parents to store baby essentials like diapers, baby wipes, burp clothes, and more.
- Easy assembly: One of the highlights of this bassinet is that it is super easy to assemble and does not require tools for the same.
- Mattress: The mattress here is really thin and quite firm, and it tends to lose it shape with constant use, as claimed by some users.
- Since the storage basket is located on the other side, away from the parents’ bed, retrieving items in the middle of the night can be difficult and frustrating.
Mini Ezee 3-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet Arms Reach Concept
Product Dimensions 34 x 20 x 32.5 inches
The Mini Ezee 3-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet from Arm’s Reach is a great option for small spaces, and it can be used in three different modes according to your convenience and your baby’s growth.
- Breathability: The Mini Ezee 3-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet comes with mesh fabric on all four sides, offering more ventilation and better breathability for babies.
- Three modes: As your baby grows, you can use the product in different modes – bedside sleeper, free standing bassinet, and play yard.
- Extendable height: Though leg extensions are not included with the package, the fact that you can purchase a Leg Extension Kit from the brand for parents’ beds that are more than 24 inches tall is an excellent addition.
- Assembly: Assembling and breaking down the bassinet is quite difficult. You need to follow the instructions to a T and spend a lot of time to get it right the first time.
- Expensive: The Arm’s Reach Mini Ezee 3-in-1 Co-Sleeper Bassinet is expensive, especially when you consider its hard assembly process.
Babybay Bassinet for Baby – Beachwood Baby Bedside Sleeper
Product Dimensions: 31 x 34.5 x 18 inches
If you are looking for a solid bedside sleeper, one that will remain just in your home and not be packed for traveling, rather than one with mesh sides and lining, the Babybay Bassinet for Baby – Beachwood Baby Bedside Sleeper is just what you need.
- Sizes: The Babybay Bedside Sleeper is available in three different sizes – Original, Maxi, and Maxi Tall. The Original model is the most compact of them all, perfect for parents’ beds without box spring. The Maxi model comes with extra width, which will be perfect for twins; and the Maxi Tall is extra tall and wide and will fit beds up to 31 inches tall.
- Construction: This bedside sleeper from Babybay is solidly built with eco-friendly beechwood, which makes it highly durable, sturdy, sustainable, and long-lasting.
- Convertible: With the Bassinet Conversion kit from the brand, which has to be purchased separately, you can convert the bedside sleeper into a solid stand-alone crib that can be used when your baby is ready to sleep away from you.
- Expensive: Even after converting it to a standalone crib, the product can be used only for a few months, until your baby starts to push up. So, it is safe to say that this will be one expensive purchase, despite being a solid and durable product.
- Basic: The Babybay co-sleeper has a basic and simple design. It is a bedside sleeper in the form of a crib. Unlike many other models, it doesn’t play music or sounds to soothe babies to sleep, nor there are any hanging toys.
Best Bedside Co-Sleepers Bassinets
Our list contain two of the best seller baby bassinets, so beside the Pros and Cons bellow, we did a full comparison article on Dockatot Deluxe+ Vs Snuggle Me Organic Lounger so it could help you choose with one is better for you.
DockATot Deluxe+ Dock
Product Dimensions: 24 x 6 x 18 inches
If you are looking for a safe and efficient option to help you co-sleep with your baby on your bed, look no further than the DockATot Deluxe+. Perfect for traveling too, this product could be the answer to your and your baby’s better sleep.
- Cozy design: The whole design of the DockATot Deluxe+ replicates the womb, thereby offering babies a cozy place to lay down and sleep. This makes it a perfect choice for babies who fuss a lot during nap or sleeping time.
- Baby-friendly materials: The product is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which is the leading test in the world for harmful substances. This makes it completely baby-friendly, so parents do not have to concerned about their tiny tots’ safety.
- Portable: Without a doubt, the DockATot Deluxe+ is highly portable and can fit into your large suitcase easily. Hence, your little one will have a familiar place to rest whenever you travel.
- Accessories: In addition to its stylish design, the DockATot can be paired with several amazing accessories, such as a toy arch and toy set, base protector, cabana kit, and transport bag. You can also purchase spare covers in different colors and prints.
- Risk: The product has faced a lot of controversies over the years, and is not recommended for unsupervised sleep.
- Pricey: For something that looks like a big pillow, its price tag is certainly high. But, many parents do state that it delivers amazing value for money.
Snuggle Me Organic Baby Lounger
Product Dimensions: 29 x 17 x 4 inches
If you are into investing in organic things, especially when it comes to baby products, the Snuggle Me Organic Baby Lounger is the one you are looking for. Though advertised as a lounger, thousands of new moms have found it to be a lifesaver in terms of putting their babies to sleep.
- Material: The Snuggle Me Baby Lounger is made with organic, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and breathable fabrics, free from all harmful chemicals, and 100% safe for your baby.
- Function: What’s unique about this co-sleeper is the curved center sling, which curves around babies’ back, along with the sides that pull in, giving them the sensation of being hugged.
- Minimal Design: While some may not like the minimal design of this product, it looks good to us because it can naturally and seamlessly blend into any room and decor.
- Size: While the lounger will be the perfect size for your newborn baby, he/she is likely to outgrow it in a few months, and you may have to upgrade to the brand’s toddler loungers or go with a different product.
Best Co-Sleepers for Traveling
Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Harmony
Product Dimensions: 33.5 x 14 x 9 inches
The Snuggle Nest Harmony Portable Infant Lounger is a great pick for those parents looking for a compact and lightweight take-along co-sleeper, rather than having to carry a heavier pack-n-play.
- Portability: Of course, we love its portable design. Whether you want to move the lounger from one room to another, or take it along when you go on a vacation, the unit quickly and easily folds to a compact size. And there is a carry handle for convenience.
- Changing diapers: The Snuggle Nest Harmony is a wonderful product for changing diapers as well. Whether you are at a friend’s house, on a picnic, or out and about in the city, it provides a safe and comfortable space for your baby to lay in while you change their diaper.
- Breathable material: The whole unit is fully surrounded by soft and breathable mesh fabric, thereby providing improved airflow for babies and peace of mind for parents.
- Size: Though the product is recommended for babies from 0 to 9 months of age, there is every chance that you baby will outgrow it sooner.
Lulyboo Indoor/Outdoor Cuddle & Play Lounge
Product Dimensions: 32 x 14.5 x 15 inches
For a simple, comfortable, and pocket-friendly to-go bassinet, you can consider the Lulyboo Cuddle & Play Lounge. Shaped more like a Moses basket, this lounger is again used by several moms as a co-sleeping aid during travels.
- Lightweight: Weighing less than four pounds, this is one of the only portable co-sleepers out there you can find in this weight. This makes it an ideal travel companion.
- Accessories: When many other co-sleeper manufacturers require you to purchase accessories at an extra cost, even after paying hundreds of dollars for the actual product itself, this one comes with many accessories in the package. You get a removable activity bar with two loops and textured plush toys, removable canopy, clips, shoulder straps, and extra pads.
- Waterproof base: Thanks to this feature, you can place the bassinet on most surfaces, including grassy picnic areas without any worries.
- Foldability: The whole bassinet can be converted into a backpack in one motion.
- Size: At its size, your baby is likely to outgrow it in a few months’ time.
- Since the sides are too soft, the bassinet might lose its original shape after continuous use.
How to Choose the Best Bedside Baby Bassinet/Co-Sleeper
Choosing the best bedside baby bassinet or co-sleeper, just like purchasing any other baby gear, firstly depends on the personal preferences of the parents-to-be or parents. Even if it is going to be used only for a few months, it is important to consider safety, functionality, and various other factors, for the safety, comfort, and security of your little one.
Before anything else, make sure that the co-sleeper or bedside bassinet you choose meets with the industry’s safety standards. Whether you are looking for a product to make your baby sleep next to your bed, or directly on your bed, the product you choose should be completely safe for your little one, so you can have peace of mind during the night.
Make sure that you use a specific product only as recommended by the manufacturer. For instance, if a product’s recommended use of age is up to 5 months, stop using it once your baby reaches the age.
Some of the best bedside bassinets that are available on the market are multi-functional models, meaning they can be used in multiple modes, like a standalone bassinet, co-sleeper, play yard, etc. Choosing one such product can deliver great value for the money you spend on it.
Even if you will not be using the co-sleeper while traveling, you will still need a portable unit, to be able to move it from one room to another, say from your bedroom to the living room during the day. Having a portable bedside bassinet also helps if you want to take the baby to the grandparents’, so he/she will have a sleeping space that they are used to.
If you choose to have a bedside bassinet, you should make sure that the product you choose comes with multiple height adjustments and will perfectly align with your bed. This is important because some models, despite offering height adjustments, may not be tall enough to reach certain kinds of beds, like box spring. Therefore, remember to check if the chosen model can comfortably reach the height of your bed.
Easy to Clean
Yes, getting a co-sleeper that is easy to clean is absolutely essential as well, because with babies, any place will get messy in an instant. Having a machine-washable cover or fabric is ideal; all the other areas of the unit must be easy to wipe clean.
Will co-sleeping make my baby not want to sleep in his own room?
Not at all. Despite popular myths like this one, it has been found from research that co-sleeping will not make babies clingy or prevent them from moving to their own room. Whenever you feel both of you are ready, you can slowly start transitioning your little one to their nursery.
How long can I use a bedside bassinet or co-sleeper?
Firstly, depending on the product you purchase, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on age and weight. As soon as your baby reaches the specified weight or age, whichever comes first, stop using the co-sleeper. On the other hand, stop using the co-sleeper once your baby starts to move around a lot or starts pushing up.
Is the risk of SIDS increased with the use of co-sleepers or bedside bassinets?
Of the two, using a bedside bassinet is the safest option, as it does not pose the risk of SIDS. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, infants are recommended to sleep in the same room as parents, but on a separate surface and not on the same bed. This is because sharing the bed with your infant can lead to various risks like baby suffocating, overheating, etc., and it also increases the risk of SIDS. If you do choose to share a bed with your baby, make sure that their space is safe and take steps to avoid potential risks.
Are there any negative effects to co-sleeping?
No, there is no reason to believe that co-sleeping has any negative effect on a child. In fact, if followed correctly, it can be highly beneficial, like stable vital signs, improved sense of independence, etc.
What is the safest way for an infant to sleep in?
As recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, use a bassinet, crib, or portable play yard with a flat, firm mattress and a fitted sheet for your infant to sleep in.
As a heavy sleeper, can I co-sleep with my baby?
If you are a heavy sleeper and wish to practice co-sleeping with your infant, it is best to avoid sharing the same bed as your baby to avoid any potential risk. The most practical solution for you would be to use a bedside bassinet for co-sleeping.
What is the difference between a bedside bassinet and an in-bed co-sleeper?
A bedside bassinet is typically a standalone unit that can be placed next to the parents’ bed and attached to it for co-sleeping, and the side close to the bed can be opened or left open for easy access to the baby. Some of these bassinets also work as standalone cribs and play yards.
An in-bed co-sleeper, on the other hand, is basically like a giant pillow, soft yet firm, more portable than a bassinet, which can be placed on your bed for your baby to sleep next to you.