Finding a good diaper bag is easy; but, finding one for twins, not so much. This is because there are only a few options available on the market designed specifically for twins or multiple young children. While you can choose from a wide array of regular diaper bags, you need to understand that you will be packing two of everything in the bag – two pairs of extra clothes, multiple burp cloths, multiple bottles, multiple diapers, and multiple everything!
To help you find the best diaper bag for twins – one that can be carried by anyone in the family, one that you can sport with any dressing style, one that ticks all the boxes – we have curated this list of the top 10 diaper bags for twins in 2022.
Table of Contents
Best All-in-One Diaper Bags for Twins
ALLCAMP Backpack Diaper Bag
The runner-up of the best all-in-one diaper bags for twins is the ALLCAMP Backpack Diaper Bag. As the name suggests, this diaper bag can be carried as a backpack; it also comes with a crossbody strap and can be carried as a tote bag too. The bag is available in different colors and patterns; however, the zebra pattern seems to be the most popular of all, as it is more gender-neutral. The ALLCAMP Backpack Diaper Bag is large, has multiple inner pockets, is waterproof, and comes with a changing pad as well.
- Large main compartment with zippers and magnetic buttons
- Multiple inner pockets for smart organization
- Waterproof fabric, machine-washable
- Upgraded insulated bottle pockets
- Can be carried as a tote, backpack, or crossbody
- Includes stroller straps and changing pad
Skip Hop Weekender Travel Diaper Bag
If you are a frequent traveler, or you just need a spacious diaper bag for your twins whenever you spend the weekend at grandparents’, the Skip Hop Weekender Travel Diaper Bag would be a perfect choice. As you must be aware, the brand is widely known for its high quality and durable products, along with stylish and practical designs. This particular diaper bag from the brand ticks all the boxes.
The extra-large size of the bag and the luggage sleeve on the back makes it perfect for traveling. The main compartment comes with two-way zip closure, which works great not just to keep your babies’ things secure, but also your personal items like cellphone, wallet, etc. It comes with two packing cubes to make organization easier.
- Large main side with two-way zip closure
- Multiple interior pockets
- Insulated double bottle pocket
- Includes two large packing cubes and cushioned changing pad
- Can be put on over the shoulder or as a crossbody bag
Best Backpack Diaper Bags for Twins
Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
The Bag Nation Diaper Baby Bag Backpack easily takes the Best Backpack Diaper Bag credit mainly for its amazing built quality; in fact, the bag comes backed with the manufacturer’s lifetime guarantee.
Made with water-resistant material, the backpack is large in capacity and has 14 pockets, and a full open zipper back for easy access to things. Available in Grey and Black, this is a perfect unisex backpack and can be carried by anyone in the family. It usually comes with stroller straps for hands-free convenience, and there is also a padded laptop compartment for the parent.
- 14 pockets for storage and organization
- Water-resistant material
- Stroller straps
- Easy access baby wipes pocket
- Padded laptop compartment
- Includes a changing pad and a sundry bag
Bably Baby Large Capacity Diaper Bag Backpack
What makes the Bably Baby Diaper Bag Backpack more practical than the previous one is that it comes with three insulated bottle pockets, which makes it ideal for twins or multiple young children. Otherwise, the features between this and the Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack are quite identical.
Another highlight of this backpack diaper bag is the use of the best quality zippers – YKK – the ones typically found in designer clothing. This makes the bag highly durable for extended use. There are 14 organization pockets, 3 insulated bottle pockets, baby wipes pocket, and more pockets on the exterior for parents to use.
- 3 insulated bottle pockets
- Unisex design
- Includes changing pad and stroller straps
- Includes two packing cubes and a wet/dry sundry bag
Best Pocket-friendly Diaper Bags for Twins
Fisher Price Signature Collection Diaper Bag Backpack
If you have allotted specific budgets for all the baby items you need to purchase, the Fisher Price Signature Collection Diaper Bag will please you, both in terms of its price and features. Unlike most other diaper bags on the market, this one carries a quilted design that serves both style and function. There is an exclusive insulated bottle pocket on the front that can hold 3 bottles, and additionally, the main section has 2 stretch bottle pockets – amazing capacity to have for multiple infants/babies.
Most of the colors that this diaper bag is available in are gender-neutral, and despite its less expensive price tag, it comes packed with all the features you would expect from a decent diaper bag for twins. From stroller clips to padded cellphone and tablet pockets to a removable easy-clean changing pad, it has them all.
- 5 bottle pockets
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Removable, easy-clean changing pad
- Footed bottom
- Stroller attachment clips
HaloVa Diaper Bag
If you are not up for spending quite a lot of money on your twins’ diaper bag but expect the one you buy to be decently durable for the amount you pay, you wouldn’t be disappointed with the HaloVa Diaper Bag. For just $35, what you get is a good quality diaper bag that can be worn as a tote and backpack, is light in weight despite its 24L large capacity, and offers all other necessary features as well.
Of course, the HaloVa Diaper Bag does not look fancy, nor does it come with cute prints and the like. This is one plain and simple design, but excels in its functionality, considering its price. The fabric used here is both water- and oil-proof and can be machine-washed as well. Above all, you get a 2-year free replacement guarantee for quality issues.
- Large capacity
- Water- and oil-proof fabric
- 2-year replacement guarantee
- Multiple color options
- Machine washable
- Separate wet cloth pocket
Best Stylish Diaper Bags for Twins
JuJuBe Be Prepared Diaper Bag
If you don’t mind spending hundreds of dollars on a diaper bag for your twins, but prefer having a stylish one than something basic and plain, the JuJuBe Be Prepared Diaper Bag is what you need. Available in different colors and patterns, the bag not only looks good but is highly functional too. For example, it comes with a memory foam material changing pad, and there are colored tabs that let you keep the things of your twins separately so you can easily access the same.
From classic black and grey to designer chic prints and colors, you do not have to sacrifice the fashionista in you with this diaper bag. The bag also has crumb drains, is machine washable, and has a quiet magnetic snap closure.
- Available in stylish prints
- Includes a memory foam changing pad
- Color-coded tabs for each baby
- Crumb drains
- 2 insulated bottle pockets
- Teflon fabric protector for repelling stains
Kate Spade Blake Avenue Margareta Baby Diaper Bag
For the always-fashion-inspired mom of twins, the Kate Space Blake Avenue Margareta Diaper Baby Bag will do justice to your expectations. Of course, you know you will look stylish when it is Kate Spade! But, what amazes us here are the plentiful features that make it a functional diaper bag for twin babies.
The bag has two interior slide pockets and a drop zip top closure. You also get stroller straps and a custom wipeable changing pad. Though the number of pockets here is lesser than most diaper bags, there is still plenty of space for storing your twins’ on-the-go essentials.
- Diaper shoulder bag
- Custom wipeable changing pad
- Stroller straps
- 2 interior slide pockets
Best Twin Diaper Bags for Dads
HSD Dad Diaper Bag Backpack
All the dads-to-be out there who are worried you might have to carry a more feminine diaper bag, we got you covered! The HSD Dad Diaper Bag Backpack is the perfect option for a twin dad – a diaper bag that doesn’t look like one but comes packed with all necessary features, looking manly and practical.
In addition to the large main compartment that can comfortably hold the essentials of two babies, there are seven exterior pockets as well. The diaper changing mat included in this bag is large enough to accommodate a toddler. The outer shell is water-resistant, and the stroller straps come integrated with the bag.
- 2 large insulated bottle holders
- Integrated stroller straps
- Removable waist strap
- Multiple interior organizing pockets in different sizes
- Rear luggage strap
- Large diaper changing mat
- High-quality YKK zippers
Columbia Summit Rush Backpack Baby Diaper Bag
The functionality of the Columbia Summit Rush Backpack Diaper Bag is what scores higher than the looks of it. But, brownie points to how it has been designed to look just like a hiking backpack rather than a diaper bag. The interior of this bag is large, with multiple pockets to store all your twins’ diapering essentials.
There is a thermal bottle pocket on the exterior that can hold two bottles. Also included are a portable, padded changing mat, and stroller attachment clips.
- Large main compartment with multiple accessory pockets
- Thermal bottle pocket with 2-bottle capacity
- Stroller attachment clips
- Padded changing mat
Best Diaper Bag for Twins – Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the best diaper bag for twin babies or more than one young child, the first criterion is space. You should choose a bag that has ample space to hold all essentials for two babies and trust us, babies need a LOT of things when they are out and about. As a parent, you need to think about your needs as well; do you need easily accessible storage pockets for your wallet, cellphone, etc.? do you prefer style over functionality? how many bottle pockets would you prefer having? is price a major deciding factor?
Here are some more factors you should consider:
- Is the bag large enough to accommodate the essentials of both your babies?
- Is it lightweight? How easy it will be for you to carry it?
- Does it come with stroller straps or clips?
- Does it have a luggage sleeve?
- Does it have enough pockets to keep things organized?
- Is there a hidden pocket to store your valuables?
- Is it worth the money?
- Who will be carrying the bag most of the time?
How do I prepare myself for twin pregnancy?
Once you find out that you are having twins:
- Be regular and consistent with your obstetrician visits
- Eat healthy and stay healthy throughout the pregnancy. Follow your obstetrician’s advice on food and physical activities
- Take rest whenever needed
- With twins, there might be higher risks in the pregnancy. Be aware of the same and follow the necessary steps to avoid potential complications.
- Join prenatal classes with your partner to learn what to expect from your pregnancy
- Research and find a good postpartum support group for future use
- Join a twin moms support group
What are the must-have baby gears for twins?
- A double frame stroller, preferably a lightweight model
- Two infant car seats
- Two convertible cribs
- Twin travel crib/playpen
- Large diaper bag with multiple pockets
- A double breastfeeding pillow
- Baby wraps or carriers
What are the must-haves for when my twin babies come home?
For the first couple of days or weeks, until you get the hang of it, the following are the essentials you should be ready with:
- Two bassinets or cribs, whichever you prefer
- Two infant car seats
- Two baby bouncers
- Several washcloths, towels, burp cloths
- Multiple swaddling blankets
- Changing table/pad
- Diapers, loads of them
- Baby clothing essentials – onesies, socks, mittens, hats, etc.
- Baby monitor
- Nursing pillow/breast pump
- Baby bottles
- Diaper bag
- Several boxes of baby wipes
- Infant bathtub
- Baby bathing and skin essentials
Can my twins sleep in the same crib or cot?
While your twins are still infants, it is perfectly fine and safe to put them to sleep in the same crib. Referred to as co-bedding, this technique is known to help with the babies’ sleep cycles and regulate their body temperatures. Being side-by-side also helps keep the twins calm.
How will things be different at home with twins?
With twin infants at home, it is usually the first few months that are critical. Since the new parents are likely to be sleep-deprived, getting help for anything and everything you can, like cooking, housekeeping, etc., will be lifesaving. You and your babies will slowly fall into the new routine.
Are two diaper bags better than one for twins?
Not at all. With so many amazing diaper bag options available on the market, designed and manufactured specifically for twins or multiple babies, you will be perfectly comfortable with one. Also, twin diaper bags today come in different styles and carrying options, which make your choice much easier.