There are few things as more fun than a good slide when you’re a kid. While outdoor slides offer plenty of enjoyment, sometimes you just want to enjoy a slide inside – especially when the weather outside is less than desirable.
That’s where indoor slides come in! Not only are they tons of fun, but they can also provide hours of entertainment for kids (and even adults). So if you’re looking for some new indoor play options for your family, be sure to check out the 12 best indoor slides for kids below. Happy sliding!
Playground safety information for parents
Is it indoor fun to take my children to the park? In the case of young kids, the normal playground equipment is sometimes too big to be accessible by him. That would mean the parent would lift your children and climb to aid them in their lives.
If you take your children to the park during the hot summer season (and even in the midst of the summer), you have certainly observed it can be quite hot. It says that children under two will be most vulnerable when burnt at the playground.
To avoid burn damage in playgrounds, ensure the equipment is checked before the play. It’s critical to consider all variables, including the manufacturing process, product weight limits, age restrictions, and more.
Can children use the indoor slide?
Although some foam slides were designed to cater to children under 1 year, these do not feature an angled slope and can only be used if an adult can be held up as children slide. The age of a child who is capable of climbing the steps of a slide will depend.
The normal duration of this period varies between 18 months to 2 months. Children as young as 12 months can manage that, while other children can only manage this for 3 years (1). If you have young kids, their climbing rock wall skills are limited. Therefore, you have to ensure the stairs are toddler-friendly.
List the Best Indoor Kids Slide
Below, we are just sharing the best indoor slide list for your kids.
Little Tikes First Slide Toddler Slide
The Little Tikes First Slide Toddlers are perfect for toddlers just starting to learn how to slide. The slides are small and easy to climb, making them perfect for younger children. The slides are also very sturdy, making them safe for toddlers to use. These kinds of slides are the best indoor slides for kids.
The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler are as functional as they are fun. However, because of the small size, parents may want to monitor younger children while they play on the slides.
The slides will also only fit smaller toddlers up to 40 pounds or so, which is a downside if your child is closer to 50 and they want to play with the slide.
The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler can be found in most major toy retailers and online at Amazon for about $20. The slides come in pink, blue, and yellow color options. This is a Toy of the Year nominee in 2011!
- The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler is perfect for toddlers who are just starting to learn how to slide.
- The slides are small and easy to climb, which makes them perfect for younger children.
- The slides are also very sturdy, which makes them safe for toddlers to use.
- The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler Slide is as functional as they are fun.
- Because of the small size, however, parents may want to monitor younger children while they play on the slides.
- The slides will also only fit smaller toddlers up to 40 pounds or so, which is a downside if your child is closer to 50 and they want to play with the slide.
- The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler Slide can be found in most major toy retailers and online at Amazon for about $20.
- The slides come in pink, blue, and yellow color options.
- The slides will only fit smaller toddlers up to 40 pounds or so, which is a downside if your child is closer to 50 and they want to play with the slide.
- Parents will need to monitor younger children while they play on the slides.
The Little Tikes First Slide Toddler Slides are perfect for toddlers who are just starting to learn how to slide. Because of the small size, however, parents may want to monitor younger children while they play on the slides.
The slides will also only fit smaller toddlers up to 40 pounds or so, which is a downside if your child is closer to 50 and they want to play with the slide. The slide measures 18” high and looks like it would appeal to toddlers with a recommended age of 12 months
Baybee Foldable Baby Garden Mega Sliders for Kids
Baybee foldable Baby Garden Mega Kids Slide is a great way to keep your little ones entertained. These slides are made of durable plastic and can be folded up for easy storage. They’re perfect for indoor or outdoor use and can be enjoyed by multiple kids of all ages. Plus, they’re easy to assemble and even easier to clean.
We loved how these slides provided hours of fun for our kids. They were a big hit at birthday parties and playdates and were a great way to get the wiggles out.
And because they fold up, they’re perfect for taking on the go. We would definitely recommend these slides to anyone looking for some fun indoor play options for their kids.
Kids love slides, but they can be hard to find indoors.
Slides are a great way to get kids active and having fun, but it’s not always easy to find them inside.
Baybee Foldable Baby Garden Mega Sliders for Kids are the perfect solution! These indoor slides are durable and fold up for easy storage, so you can take them with you wherever you go.
Plus, they’re made of plastic which is easier on little hands than metal or wood slides. We can also say this is called a plastic slide. We loved how these slides were perfect for both indoor and outdoor use – even at birthday parties!
Simplay3 Young Explorers Adventure Climber
This Simplay3 Young Explorers Adventure Climber, with a structure of climbing, fort, and slide. The slide itself has wide easy-to-grip side rails, making it safe for your child to use without being frightened or harmed. The platform is perfect for encouraging your child to stand on their own two feet and reach new heights.
It has a ladder with handles that makes it simple for your child to climb to the platform. Your kid may crawl through the bottom and into their own little fort using holes. They’ll discover a steering wheel and a dashboard to play with when they get there. It’s extra sturdy and weather-protected, making it ideal for outside use.
If you’re looking for a slide that’s going to provide hours of fun and entertainment, this is the best one.
- Provides hours of fun for kids ages.
- Encourages physical activity and movement.
- Promotes imaginative and creative play.
- Stimulates the senses with its bright colors and fun designs.
- Easy to assemble
- It includes a climbing wall and adjustable ladder slide so as your child grows, they can play and climb on a steeper slide!
- It may not be suitable for some homes with smaller spaces.
- Some parents may consider the slide too expensive; however, it’s well-made and can last for years, making it worth the price.
- The set requires quite a bit more space.
YOLEO Toddler Slide with Basketball Hoop
The YOLEO Toddler Slide with Basketball Hoop is ideal for parents who want a toy that will improve with their child. The length of the slide may be adjusted to suit younger or older toddlers.
There is a basketball hoop on the side, which provides more amusement for your child. The slide is strong and long-lasting, as well as steady, so it will endure anything your rambunctious toddler can dish out.
It’s a very simple, straightforward coffee machine to operate. It’s also easy to maintain clean since it just needs an occasional wipe-down. Keep in mind that the stickers tend to come off when exposed to the elements, so if you want to keep it outside, be prepared.
- Length can be adjusted to suit younger or older toddlers
- Has a basketball hoop for more amusement
- The slide is strong and long-lasting, as well as steady.
- Length can only be adjusted to suit younger or older toddlers
- No other activities to keep a child entertained
- A basketball hoop can easily become a safety features
- The slide is not very durable
KIDDIE FUN Baby Giraffe Slide Indoor / Out Door and Garden Climber
The Kiddie fun baby giraffe Climber is the perfect indoor toy for toddlers who love to explore. This colorful climber has a variety of different play features, including a slide, a ladder, and a hiding place. It’s constructed of sturdy plastic that can endure hours of climbing fun. We can also say to it is called a plastic slide.
Best With Extra Features Check Price This cute and fun giraffe slide is more than just a slide. It has a range of fun features. One is the attached basketball hoop.
The pieces are brightly colored and chunky enough to be entertaining for children even as they develop their gross motor skills. It’s small enough that you could keep it inside if you wanted to, and the climbing steps to the slide are non-slip and simple to climb.
The slide is equipped with a three-stage mild slope that protects your child from flying off the end. It is also simple to put up and clean when it becomes soiled.
Keep in mind that some parents have reported that the box was incomplete, but it arrives in two separate boxes on occasion.
- The Indoor Outdoor Playground is a great way for kids to enjoy the outdoors, even when the weather is bad.
- The set includes a swing, deck, basketball hoop, and soccer net, which provides hours of entertainment for kids.
- The pieces are brightly colored and chunky, which will keep kids entertained as they develop their motor skills.
- It is small enough that it can be kept inside if necessary, and the steps to the slide are non-slip and easy to climb.
- The slide has a three-stage slope that helps protect kids from flying off the end, and it is also easy to set up and clean.
- Some parents had reported that the box was incomplete when it arrived, but it usually comes in two separate boxes.
- Expensive Larger and heavier than other options This climbing set is more than just a slide; it’s a mini playground.
Little Tikes Little Baby Bum Wheels
This Little Baby Bum Wheels on the Bus Climber slide‘s design is both entertaining and educational, making it ideal for the inquisitive youngster in your life. The bus is captivating for young children to play on, and the musical interface plays nursery rhymes, which may aid in teaching cause and effect.
It has a smooth gradient, which is great for young toddlers since they won’t be able to acquire much momentum on the way down. The keg is compact enough that it won’t take up a lot of room inside or outside, and the slide is small enough that it doesn’t obstruct much space.
Remember that there is no off switch for the sound effects, so the music may be played at any time unless batteries are removed.
Some great pros of the Little Tikes Little Baby Bum Wheels are that it is:
- The only potential con with the Little Tikes Little Baby Bum Wheels is that the sound effects cannot be turned off without removing the batteries.
Eazy Peezy TM300- Playset with 50 Balls
There is a climbing structure, toss target, and colorful balls pit attached to this Eezy Peezy TM300- Playset. It’s manufactured of safe and sturdy plastic with interlocking tubes and double self-locking springs that lock together easily.
The star design that surrounds the ball pits will pique your child’s interest. The slide is small enough that your toddler won’t be afraid of the height, and the ball pit will keep them occupied for hours.
It’s simple to put together, and it fits in a playroom well.
Although this one comes with 50 balls, most parents feel it isn’t enough and recommend purchasing extra balls to fill the ball pit. Multiple kids could easily play on the ball pit, steps, and slide with a small group.
Some of the pros of the Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide include:
- Sturdy and safe plastic
- Climbing structure, toss target, and ball pit add entertainment
- Fits in playroom well
- Easy to assemble
- The Eazy Peezy TM300 can easily become a safety features
- Ball pit is small and may not hold enough balls
- Some parents feel that 50 balls are not enough
Little Tikes Hide and Seek Climber
The Hide and Seek Climber by Little Hikes is the perfect indoor toy for toddlers who love to explore. This colorful climber has a variety of different play features, including a slide, a ladder, and a hiding place. It’s also made from durable plastic that can hold up to hours of climbing fun.
This swing, like the similar-looking Fisher-Price Push’ n Pull, is very toddler-friendly, especially for younger toddlers. It’s low enough to the ground that you won’t have to worry about your child tumbling off and injuring themselves, but it’s tall enough that they’ll enjoy climbing up and sliding down.
The stairs’ slanted design is easier for young toddlers to walk up on their own, and the tunnel beneath offers them more things to explore. The slide is simple to set up and portable enough to transport.
Some parents have stated that the slide is too light, so if you want to keep it outside, prepare for it to blow over.
- Low to the ground so the child won’t tumble
- Tall enough for climbing
- Stairs are easy for toddlers to walk up
- Tunnel provides more things to explore
- Slide is easy to set up and portable
- Slide is too light so that it might blow over
The Lovely Kids Wooden Slide
This is a white, lovely kids wooden slide with a distinctive pattern that complements contemporary decor. This is a fantastic-looking swing that blends in well with any décor.
It hardly appears to be a toy and looks great in every room. Playing on this slide, on the other hand, will bring joy to your toddler. It’s nice and sturdy, with steps that are simple for a small kid to climb.
The sides are steeper, there’s no risk of your toddler falling off mid-slide, and the slide is smooth. This style is popular among parents who have given their children for their first birthday.
This is an indoor slide. It may be used outside, but because it is constructed of natural wood, it must be protected and kept dry.
Some of the pros of the Lovely Kids Wooden Slide include:
- It is a beautiful wooden slide that will complement any décor.
- It is very sturdy and safe, with steps that are simple for a toddler to climb.
- The slide is smooth and has steep sides, providing an enjoyable experience with a smooth slide.
- The style is popular among parents and makes a great gift for a child’s first birthday.
- The slide can be used indoors or outdoors but should be protected from the elements if used for outdoor play.
- The slide cannot be used outdoors if it gets wet, as it will warp and become unsafe.
- It is a more expensive option than some of the other slides on this list.
Step2 Foldable Indoor Slide
This Step2 Play and Fold Jr. Kids little slide in size regardless, but it folds up compactly when not in use. It’s strong yet light enough to be easily handled and relocated when required.
You may set this up in the nursery, on the patio, or even bring it with you to the park or for a visit with family. The steps are wide and simple for a toddler to climb, and the top of the slide has handrails for your child to grab.
It’s quick and straightforward to put up, with no tools required.
This is a slippery slide, so if you can’t have it on the carpet, place a rug beneath it.
It can be tough to keep kids entertained, especially when the weather isn’t ideal for playing outside.
That’s where the Step2 best Foldable Indoor Slide comes in. This compact slide is perfect for indoor use, and it’s easy for toddlers to climb and slide. This is one of the best folding slides.
The Step2 Foldable Slide is a great way to keep your little ones entertained indoors. It’s quick and easy to set up, and it provides hours of fun for kids of all ages. Plus, it folds up neatly when not in use so that you can store it away easily.
- Easy to set up and takedown
- Fun for kids of all ages
- Encourages active play
- It’s not as easy to clean
- It Takes up a lot of room
Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide for Kids
The Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide is perfect for indoor playtime fun. It’s made of durable plastic and is easy to assemble. The slide is just the right size for kids and has a green theme that will appeal to them. It’s a great way to promote exercise and healthy development, and it’s sure to keep your little ones entertained for hours on end.
Some of the pros of the Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide include:
- Durable construction
- Easy assembly
- Appealing green theme
- Promotes exercise and healthy development
- May be too small for some kids
- Some parents have complained about the lack of durability
Step2 Play Ball Fun Climber With Slide For Toddlers
Step2 Play Ball Fun Climber With Slide For Toddlers is a beautiful indoor play center for kids. It has a huge slide and play balls. Kids can easily climb indoor to the top and slide down. It is a perfect indoor fun climber for toddlers with two slides, one up and another down which makes it most attractive indoor ball climber for kids indoor. A slide indoor comes with two indoor balls for toddlers.
Some of the pros of the Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide include:
- The Step2 Play Ball Fun Climber with slide for toddlers is an indoor play center that is perfect for kids.
- It has a huge slide and play balls, which makes it a lot of fun for kids.
- The indoor ball climber is also very attractive, with two slides that are perfect for toddlers.
- It even comes with two indoor balls for toddlers.
Some of the cons of the Little Tikes Go Green Play Indoor slide include:
- The Step2 Play Ball Fun Climber with slide for toddlers is a great indoor play center, but there are a few cons to consider.
- It’s quite large so it may not fit well in everyone’s home.
- It can be a bit pricey.
- The balls can get lost easily.
Naturally Playful Woodland Climber II
The Naturally Playful Woodland Climber II is a indoor slide specifically designed for young children aged 3-6 years. This indoor kids slide features a back seat with a safety belt and foot rest. Containing colorful plastic materials, this indoor baby slide provides an adorable environment that encourages play without compromising safety or health. It also helps keep your child entertained because they can challenge themselves as they grow to find the optimal balance of speed and skill.
Kids love any opportunity to go down speedy slides, which is why it’s great when those indoor slides are clearly dedicated towards them! The Naturally Playful Slide primarily stands out from other indoor products because it has been designed specifically for younger kids – over the age of three – who are still learning how to navigate a slide. What’s more, this indoor kids slide features a back seat with a safety belt and foot rest. That means little ones can get on the slide without worry about falling off while adults keep their eyes on them for extra security.
- The slide is designed specifically for young children, making it a great option for indoor playtime.
- The product is made with colorful plastic materials, which provides a fun and stimulating environment.
- There is a back seat with a safety belt and foot rest, providing extra security and support for little ones.
- Some parents have complained that the slide is not very sturdy and wobbles a lot.
- It can be difficult to assemble by yourself.
- The height might be too low for some kids.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some topic related Faqs below:
Are these top indoor slides safe for toddlers?
Indoor slides can be a great way to keep kids entertained, but are they safe for toddlers? The answer is yes – as long as you take a few precautions.
First, make sure the slide is sturdy and well-constructed. Second, never leave your child unattended on the slide. And finally, always monitor your child’s usage of the slide to ensure their safety.
With those safety tips in mind, indoor slides can be so much fun and safe activity for toddlers.
How can kids make sliding at home?
Sliding can provide hours of enjoyment for kids of all ages. While there are plenty of great outdoor slides options, sometimes you just want to slide indoors – especially when the weather outside is less than desirable.
That’s where indoor slides come in! Not only are they tons of fun, but they can also provide hours of entertainment for kids (and even adults).
So if you’re looking for some new indoor play options for your family, be sure to check out the best indoor slide for kids.
Do toddlers like indoor slides?
There is no definitive answer to this question as every toddler will have their own opinion on slides. Some toddlers may love slides and enjoy going down them repeatedly, while others may be scared of them and prefer not to go near them.
The important thing is to introduce slides to toddlers gradually, starting with short, gentle slopes and then slowly increasing the height and steepness of the slide as they get older and more comfortable with them.
Are slides for indoors?
Slides are a classic playground toy that offers hours of fun for kids of all ages. But are slid just for outdoors?
Turns out, there are plenty of best indoor slides that can provide fun and excitement indoors – no matter what the weather is like outside.
So if you’re looking for some new indoor play options for your family, be sure to check out the best indoor slide from the above-mentioned indoor slide list.
At what age can a baby use a slide?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the age at which a baby can start using a slide will vary depending on the child’s individual development.
However, many parents begin introducing their babies to slides when they are around 6 or 7 months old. It’s important always to supervise your child when they are using a slide and never to leave them unattended.
As with any new activity, be sure to take things slowly at first and let your child get used to the slide before going down it themselves. With a little bit of patience and supervision, your baby will be sliding down slides like a pro in no time!
Can a 1-year-old use a slide?
Yes, a 1-year-old can use a slide. While there are some safety concerns that parents should keep in mind – such as making sure their child is supervised at all times – slides are generally safe for toddlers.
Many children start using slides at a very young age and love the thrill of sliding down. So if you’re looking for an enjoyable activity to keep your little one occupied, be sure to check out the nearest slide!
Should you go down the slide with your child?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question – it simply depends on what you feel comfortable with.
Some parents choose to go down the slide with their children, while others prefer to let them go down by themselves. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your family. Just be sure to stay safe and have fun!
Have you tried any of these indoor slides? Which one was your family’s favorite? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to give a thumbs up if you found this post helpful. We hope you have as much fun trying out these indoor slides as we did compile this list for you!