Fisher Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing is a reasonably priced stationary baby swing from Fisher-Price. This baby swing is a terrific method to keep your baby occupied so you can get some housework done or to offer parents a break from handling a cranky baby who loves to sleep being rocked to sleep. Although the Snugapuppy swing is strong, comfortable, and calming, it does have some downsides.
The Snugapuppy is not cheap. There is an excellent choice to consider: the Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing, and it is an excellent alternative at a similar price point.
Table of Contents
Usage of Snugapuppy
This product has two primary uses:
- To serve as a secure haven for you and your kid while you get some much-needed rest and maybe even get some housework done.
- Baby’s naptime can be spent in this as an alternative to the traditional crib or pack ‘n play.
Entertaining Your Baby
- The Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing has a rotating mobile with a mirror and a music machine to keep your child occupied while you get some work done. The 5-point harness on the swing ensures your kid’s safety because it is constructed of a soft material.
Soothing Sounds and Movement
- Parents of fussy newborns know how stressful it can be to rock, bounce, and hold a tired baby who will not fall asleep. Stationary swings and rockers soothe babies because they mimic the womb’s environment.
- To avoid the monotonous motion of rocking back and forth, the Snugapuppy Cradle n Swing may be the ideal solution. You can calm a crying infant to sleep with the gentle rocking motion of the swing.
- The swing has two different reclining positions and six different swing speeds, making it useful for different phases of life and different preferences among newborns. You have the option of letting your kid lie flat or putting them in a more upright position. After a meal, babies with reflux may benefit from a propped-up place to reduce reflux discomfort.
- Additional entertainment options include 16 songs and two nature sounds for babies who like to fall asleep to music. Songs and sounds can’t be played for more than 20 minutes at a time. This is an excellent feature for newborns who can fall asleep to sounds but may awaken those who require constant noise to stay asleep. Instead of using the built-in sound machine, if you already have another sound machine that you use for your baby’s naps, this might be a better option for you.
- Battery-powered swings make up the majority of stationary swings on the market. An AC adaptor is a key perk of the Snugapuppy Cradle n Swing, as it can either be connected or run on battery power. The cost of replacing batteries on many swings can quickly spiral out of control when you have to do it frequently, which you may not have considered when purchasing such a gadget at first.
- Swing cover can be removed and machine-washed. Because of spit-up and diaper accidents, babies can be somewhat dirty when using baby items.
- The minimum weight limit for Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing is 5.5 pounds, and the maximum weight limit is 25 Pounds.
Video of The Product
- Despite their diminutive stature, babies use up a lot of real estates. As soon as you add in a mattress, dresser, and changing table to the mix, you’ll find yourself short on room. There is a lot of space required for the Snugapuppy Cradle n Swing because of its enormous footprint (approximately 38 inches wide at the base). Smaller choices may be a better fit for those with limited room.
- This product occupies a lot of space because of its potential to be customised. Side-to-side or front-to-back movement is possible. If you have a lot of room to work with, you may not get the same level of adjustability from a minor swing, so it all comes down to personal preference.
- The Snugapuppy Swing’s grinding noises are a big drawback when in use. Like with white noise machines, sure babies might benefit from the persistent noise of this sound. On the other hand, the loudness may be a concern if you have a baby or other family members who are sensitive to noise.
- Additionally, this product has experienced concerns with motor reliability, with some motors unexpectedly ceasing to function without notice. The motor replacement can take up to a few weeks, which could leave you without a device that your child relies on at any given moment.
- When the swinging action has been running for four hours, it will automatically switch off. While this device may be ideal for napping, it may not work as well for a baby who needs to be rocked to sleep at night and relies on this motion.
- However, the sound machine only plays for 20 minutes, which may help keep your baby engaged, but you may need a second sound machine if you rely on consistent music for your baby to sleep.
- The swinging motion includes a timer of four hours; thus, it will shut down after four hours of use. As a result, while this product may be ideal for napping, it may not be the best choice for a baby who sleeps through the night and relies on rocking motion to fall asleep.
The Cradle for My Little Snugapuppy by Fisher-Price is an excellent option. If you have a fussy infant that can’t sleep without being rocked, or if you’re willing to invest a fair amount of money and have the space, a swing may be the best solution for you. If you’re looking for something that your baby will outgrow in less than a year, cheaper solutions are available.
The Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing can be found at a reasonable price of 269.99 USD.
- “After only one use, I’ve found this to be an invaluable sanity saver. It’s been a rough few weeks for my 5-week-old daughter. No matter what we tried, my husband and I found that movement was the only thing that truly calmed our infant. Every time we wanted to put her to sleep during the day, she wailed. Because of this swing, we’ve been able to sit the baby in it without her crying. I think it’s a great idea. I’ll begin by putting the pieces together. It took me less than 30 minutes to put this together by myself. Thanks to the clear instructions, it was a piece of cake to do. The quality of the materials used is excellent. It’s a beautiful feeling to put my baby’s delicate skin on the silky cloth. This swing has all of the features I could desire, and then some.”
- “After putting this swing together, you’ll be ready to go. When I tried to turn on the phone, it started moving for a few seconds, but then stopped and produced a dreadful noise that sounded like a stuffed animal was keeping it from moving, and the engine was overheating. We experimented with moving and relocating various items, and nothing stopped it from doing so. As a result, we decided to omit that section of the swing from our routine. First, the motor was running, but the seat was not moving, and my husband’s tiny toolbox was sitting in the swing with it. That was until I gave it a little push and realized that it wasn’t working till the baby arrived. Whenever I’ve tried it on settings 2 or 3, it’s either stopped moving ultimately or come to a screeching halt. Other times, it seemed to swing far faster than it should. I love the swing, but it just doesn’t work the way it should.”
- No doubt the use of technology has both some advantages and disadvantages, however, in my view this is the best product for newborn babies and mommies.