Parents Love The Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller
The Summer Infant 3D lite convenience stroller is known for its innovative design; lightweight, durable, stylish and inexpensive.
How is it possible to have such a lightweight, inexpensive stroller with such high reviews by parents? I was skeptical at first, but after doing some digging, I found that the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller actually is all it’s cracked up to be.
Let’s walk through what I love about this stroller and what you will, too.
If you are a parent that likes to take excursions or even just bee-bop around the city quickly and efficiently, you have found the best inexpensive convenient stroller on the market. Let’s take a look at all it has to offer.
$79.99 Note: Price subject to change without notice. Check Amazon for today’s best price! : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
Summer Infant Stroller Design Details
There are so many amazing features to the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience stroller. Let’s break them down starting at the top and working our way down.
Every stroller needs a canopy. If you have any kind of weather whether it’s sun, wind, or rain, you and your little one will both appreciate a canopy. With the Summer Infant 3D Lite, you get a decent canopy.
It’s not huge or a 4-panel like some more expensive strollers offer, but it does have UVA UVB ray protection. I think it’s an adequate size for a toddler size child, but definitely not for a baby. You may want to invest in a sun hat and sunscreen if you plan on being out in the blazing summer sun.
The Summer Infant 3D Lite chose to go with two handlebars instead of the bar handlebar most parents are used to. It feels a little 90’s, but as long as you can get from point A to point B it’s not that big of a deal.
While the handlebars aren’t adjustable, because it’s not a bar, it’s not as big of an issue. I think that being 42” high makes them comfortable for most average height people. You’ll see in reviews from our shorter parent crowd that it isn’t super comfortable for them to push the stroller. However, I’ve found a majority of those negative comments are extremes and over-exaggeration. Maybe they haven’t had their coffee yet.
There are a few drawbacks to the handlebars. The non-adjustable height is one but there is also the grips on the handlebars. They are a foam that is just not high quality. Meaning, if you dig your nails to it waiting in line at the zoo, you might puncture it and they will start to fall apart.
The seat has a few features I really like. I like the 4 different reclining options, the safety features, and can accommodate a kiddo up to 50 pounds.
The 4 different reclining positions are 25, 45, 55, and 60 degrees. I like that there are options so you can get your child comfortable. If you are on the go and your kiddo falls asleep, it’s really nice to be able to tilt them back a bit so their head isn’t lolling about.
The 5-point adjustable harness makes me feel good about strapping my kiddo in and going on my way. Especially because this stroller is so lightweight, if you would lose control or tip, then you know your little one is a lot safer than a single strap. It’s also padded on the shoulders and crotch for comfort.
The stroller seat can hold a kid up to 50 pounds and 43 inches. In theory, this is a wide range of sizes for a stroller to accommodate. It also means you can get a lot more use out of it than something made for a specific age group.
However, there are a few things that they could have done better on this. I wish they would have made a seat that could go completely flat and completely upright (or at least MORE upright) position. I can do without all the options if you have those two. My problem is that I don’t feel comfortable putting a baby in this. It’s just not supportive enough.
On the same note, the reclining feature is great but it’s a little tough to get to the position you want. You have to use both hands, which you know I’m not a fan of anything two-handed if you have read my other reviews. It seems like it’s still really secure, so I do like that aspect. However, two hands do not always work when you have a little one.
Also, if you have a taller kid or one with a long torso, I don’t feel like the head support is good enough for them. If you have a shorter child, I think this is a great stroller for a toddler.
Finally, the footrest position just isn’t good. It is too close to the seat so your kid doesn’t use it as often. It’s not removable either so you can’t get it out of the way. Another thing is that their feet can actually touch the wheels. Not cool. I’m hoping that the next model will be a little more aware of kids sizes and how they sit in a stroller.
Dual wheels on both front and back sets are always welcomed. However, because the wheels are made of EVA foam, they aren’t super reliable. The wheels are also pretty small, only 6 inches in fact.
I think the wheels and suspension system combined is fine for going on any paved surfaces. If you are planning to be walking all over the earth and back, you probably want something with a more substantial wheel.
This stroller isn’t made for going on trail runs or through gravel parking lots. It’s made for quick trips here and there as well as for traveling. The Summer Infant 3D lite will be great for day to day use but isn’t a super smooth ride for much else.
I love the large storage basket on this stroller! You can fit your diaper bag in there which is what I really want to put in a stroller when I’m on the go. Don’t you? The only drawback is that you can’t really get to it if your seat is reclined. However, a simple pop up of the seat and out it comes.
There is also a small storage pocket on the back of the stroller for your phone, keys, etc. I like this because they are in a super convenient location to grab quickly and easily. Summer Infant also included a nice cup holder for a water bottle for you, bottle for your babe, or even a sippy cup. I wouldn’t recommend putting hot coffee in it, but you can still stay hydrated on the go.
You can probably see that this isn’t the ultimate stroller, but I’m okay with that. At the price that you can get this stroller, I knew it was going to have some issues. But, overall the quality is great when you consider the inexpensive price.
I still think it’s an excellent buy for those on a budget or just bopping around for errands. For me, I bought this as a second stroller to use mainly for travel. My husband loves it because it’s so light and it doesn’t take up much room in our car.
I don’t think it’s for the hardcore stroller mom who goes everywhere by stroller. It just not designed for that.
Easy To Handle
This stroller can get pretty compact. All folded up, it’s dimensions are 42″ L x 10.25″ W x 9″ H. That’s perfect for backseats, trunks, or small spaces in your home. Please note that it isn’t going to go on a plane with you or get as small as some other strollers can, but it still gets pretty dang slim. I like that it’s fairly narrow too. Target checkout lane? No problem.
Also, I love that it only weighs 13 pounds. Let’s face it, after hauling around a little one all day, the last thing you need is another something heavy to lift in and out of vehicles and store away. You can easily pick it up one-handed and that makes mom life so much easier. It comes with a convenient strap that helps even further so you can go hands-free.
Finally, folding this baby up is really easy. Just lift up the rear handle. Then, push the lever with your foot and tada! Just like an umbrella, it folds in on itself. This makes transportation way more convenient and speedy.
Check Amazon for more design details! : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
- Durable, stylish, 13 pound frame
- Large seat area with 5-point safety harness
- Anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels
- Multi-position recline
- Extra large storage basket
- Adjustable and removable canopy with flip out sun visor
- Rear storage pocket
- Easy compact 3-D fold with carry strap
- Open Dimensions: 27″ X 18″ X 42″
- Folded Dimensions: 10.25″ X 9″ X 42″
- PRICE: Under $100.00
Check Amazon for more design details! : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller Pros and Cons
So what are other parents saying about the Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller? As I said before, when I first saw the price, I thought there was no way this was a high-quality stroller. I was wrong. It’s surprisingly high quality and useful.
Don’t believe me? Just look at the reviews on Amazon. It’s rated 4.4 out of 5 stars with over 3,500 reviews. That’s an incredible amount for such a basic stroller! But that’s just it, the Summer Infant 3D Lite isn’t that basic. It’s got great amenities. What do parents love most about it?
Pros: What Parent’s Really Like
- Size: The fact that it’s narrow to get in and out of stores easily is a huge plus. I don’t know if you have tried to push a bulky stroller through a grocery store but it just plain sucks. There is no getting around that. The Summer Infant 3D Lite is narrow and not super deep. It zips around like nothing.
- Compact When Folded: It’s also really compact when folded up. This makes it easier to store in both your vehicle and your home. Whether you have a tiny compact car or SUV, we all need more room in our vehicles when you have kids. The same goes for your home. If you have a smaller place or apartment, utilizing your space efficiently is always on your mind. Even if you have a larger home, you don’t want a big bulky stroller taking up a bunch of space.
- Lightweight: 13 pounds is just super light. It means you can one-hand carry it. It also means that you aren’t going to start sweating and breathing heavy while bringing it in and out of the house. Amen to that. We do enough of that in our everyday routine with kids, right?
- Quick and Easy to Use: So the size and weight are definitely big convenient factors, but there’s more. Parents are so happy with the way it folds up easily. Now, there were some negative reviews about it being difficult. However, the overwhelming majority said it was easy as 1-2-3.
- Storage: The storage basket is huge and fits a diaper bag easily. Along with the deep pocket on the back of the seat, you won’t require more storage.
- Handles: I was surprised to find that a lot of the parents really liked having two separate handlebars. They said it’s actually easier to push. I get it, sometimes the bar is a pain in the butt.
- Reclining Seat: the multi-position reclining seat makes things a lot easier for napping and relaxing kiddos. It also can be used to change diapers! Hallelujah for that. You don’t have to find a spot in the middle of nowhere to lay your kid down. Just recline them back and get the job done.
- Cup Holders: Finally, it’s nice you can remove the cup holder in case of spills. Mom’s love this feature.Cons: What Parent’s Didn’t Like
Cons: What Parents Don’t Like
Of course, with a less expensive stroller, there are going to be some flaws.
- Bumpy Ride: I would say the biggest one I found among parents is the bumpy ride. The wheels are smaller and the stroller itself is lightweight which lends itself to accentuating bumps.
- Seat Issues: The seat has some issues, too. Not being able to get to the storage basket when your kid is reclined is annoying. Also, the two-handed recline is a pain. As you know Mom’s always need more hands, so anything that requires two hands to operate can be difficult at times.
- Head Support: Several parents mentioned head support for taller kids is not ideal. This is not an issue for infants or small toddlers.
- Canopy: The canopy is small and for some infants it doesn’t provide 100% shade over their upper torso and head. I do like that it at least has provides some shade. Just in case, you probably should bring a small umbrella or an extra blanket to provide more shade.
Check Amazon for more design details! : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller – Our Verdict
The Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is a surprise, to say the least. The price tag is incredibly affordable yet the quality is very good. It has great features from the large storage basket to the lightweight design. Parents love it and so will you.
If those features don’t get you, the parent’s reviews should. With over 3,600 reviews on Amazon at a 4.4-star rating, you have to believe that this is a great stroller option. Keep in mind parents on the go love this stroller for quick errands, kids sports activities, vacations and much more. This stroller is durable enough that you should get to use it for multiple kids.
The Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller, see our ratings for price, quality, safety, and our verdict below.
Price: LOW | Quality: GOOD | Safety: HIGH | Our Rating: 4.5 out of 5 : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
SPECIAL NOTE: I gave this stroller a higher rating (4.5) because I love what you get for the price. There are some issues, no question, but what do you expect for such a bargain price? Thank you SUMMER for delivering so much value for such an incredible price.
We hope this Summer Infant 3D Lite Stroller review helps you with your search for the right stroller for your child.
Check Amazon for today’s best price! : https://amzn.to/2D7eF6h
*Over 3,600 Reviews
font-size: 36px *